Welcome to the best SEO Tutorial online with regular updates for over 15 years, here you will find answers to common and not so common search engine optimization (SEO) questions.
It’s impossible to fit an advanced SEO tutorial on one webpage, Google has over 200 ranking factors which is enough content to warrant a search engine optimization book! Below you will find a long list of SEO articles on this website which covers some of the SEO techniques and information I’ve acquired over the past 20 years researching and testing SEO theories etc…
Hire an SEO Consultant
Want to take advantage of my 20 years of SEO research and experience, hire me. I’ve worked as a freelance SEO consultant since 2002 working on small to medium size businesses with relatively small marketing budgets. I’ve built hundreds of websites to both make money online and just to test SEO ideas.
In 2020 I’d like to take on a single large SEO project full-time, a website that’s already established and generating a lot of organic Google traffic: sites like Amazon, FlipKart, eBay… where a 10% increase in traffic would generate $millions in additional sales would benefit from my technical SEO skills. I’ve checked all the above websites for SEO problems (see the Website SEO Reviews section below) and they all have low hanging SEO fruit which would generate a LOT of additional organic traffic from Google.
Even if you read and understand every SEO tutorial below, though it will go a long way to aid you in optimizing your content etc… there’s still a lot more to learn, SEO is an ever evolving topic.
- How to Check an SEO Consultant is an SEO Expert?
- Why SEO Training is Essential for Marketing Professionals
- Quick SEO Analysis Tools, Are They Any Use?
- SEO SERPs Competition Tutorial
- Domain Name Optimization SEO Tutorial
- Hyphenated Domain Names SEO Tutorial
- Website Navigation Structure SEO Guide
- Title Tag SEO Tutorial
- Title Tag SEO Tutorial 2
- WordPress SEO Title Tag Tutorial
- SEO Analysis of the Amazon USA Website Title Tag
- Title Tag Length, Short or Long, Which is Best?
- Testing SEO Experts: Title Tags & Title Attributes Ranking Value
- Meta Tags SEO Tutorial
- Meta Robots SEO Tutorial
- Anchor Text SEO Tutorial
- Google Hummingbird Algorithm and Anchor Text
- Anchor Text of Internal Links SEO Test
- Linked Image ALT Text SEO Test
- Nofollow SEO Tutorial
- Buying BackLinks SEO Tutorial
- How PageRank is Calculated with Examples
- URL Structure Subfolder Depth SEO Myth
- SEO Myth : XML Sitemaps Boost Google Rankings
- Fresh Content SEO Tutorial
- SEO Copywriting Tip Avoid Keyword Stuffing
- SEO Myth : Content is King
- SEO Myth : SEO is Dead
- Google Sandbox Effect SEO Tutorial
- When is a Google Penalty not a Google Penalty?
- The Art of SEO Marketing is NOT to Trick Search Engines
Unlike a lot of SEO experts I do most of the SEO research myself, avoiding the guesswork and speculation so many SEO consultants rely upon when they acquire their search engine optimization information from webmaster forums, Facebook groups, LinkedIn groups, Twitter etc…!
I have a science background and use those skills to setup a LOT of SEO tests and experiments, why guess when you can test.
Performance SEO Tutorials
- WebPage Test, GTmetrix and Pingdom SEO Performance Tests
- Lazy Load Images to Improve SEO Performance and Usability
- W3 Total Cache Plugin Removing ETag & Last-Modified Headers from Favicon.ico
- How to Move W3 Total Cache Plugin Browser Cache .htaccess Rules to httpd.conf
- Performance Tip: Move Rewrite Rules from .htaccess to httpd.conf
- Does a Dedicated Server Help with Improving Site Speed?
- Mobile Page Speed Impact on Bounce Rates
- Google Mobile Search Page Speed Optimization
- Optimized Images Load Faster and Consume Less Cellular Data : Lighthouse Report
- Google Chrome Lighthouse Audit SEO Tool
You will NOT find contradictory information within this step by step tutorial like you tend to find in even the best SEO forums and SEO Facebook groups which are filled with clueless amateur SEOs. If I’m not sure about an SEO hypothesis or theory I’ll include my thought process and arguments why I think in a particular way rather than SEO bullshit my way through the information.
Advanced SEO Tutorials
- Http to Https Htaccess 301 Redirect Rules SEO Tutorial
- SEO Lessons from Keyword Cannibalization
- How to Install Free SSL Certificates Using Let’s Encrypt and Certbot
- Black Hat SEO Link Building Techniques to Avoid – Discourse.org Hidden Links
- Black Hat SEO Hidden Links
- Moving a WordPress Site from HTTP to HTTPS SEO Guide
- Cyber Security and SEO Link SPAM
It never ceases to amaze me the basic SEO mistakes I find on some of the huge multi-billion dollar businesses (Amazon, FlipKart, Camping World…) have on their websites. You would think they’d hire the best SEO experts available, but apparently not.
Website SEO Reviews
- Amazon Website SEO Review
- Marcus Lemonis Website SEO Review
- Camping World RV Sales SEO Review
- FlipKart Progressive Web App Review
- Languagenut Website Review
- NYC Bagel Deli Website SEO Review
- Montiel Activewear Website SEO Review
- Comparison Shopping Site SEO Review
- How NOT to Update a Website – B&Q Example