You can see from the screenshot from January 2020, London based Pimlico Plumbers have closing on 5,000 Trustpilot reviews with an overall excellent rating.
- Excellent – 83%
- Great – 11%
- Average – 1%
- Poor – 1%
- Bad – 4%
Below are the titles of the most recent 10 Trustpilot Pimlico reviews on January 26th 2020.
- Pimlico Plumbers are a rip off! 1/5 Stars
- thorough and prompt service 5/5 Stars
- Excellent 5/5 Stars
- annual service of brand new boiler turned into quote for £8,000 for entirely unnecessary work 1/5 Stars
- Trustworthy and prompt assessments 4/5 Stars
- Very good service 5/5 Stars
- Such a brilliant service 5/5 Stars
- Pimlico can always be trusted to… 5/5 Stars
- The engienner turned up quickly and… 5/5 Stars
- Good 4/5 Stars
Those 10 reviews are rated: 60% excellent, 20% great, 20% bad. Which is close to a representative sample based on the average rating of 4,715 reviews.
You can see from the sample of Trustpilot reviews there are both good and bad Pimlico reviews. Read through the reviews and you’ll get a mixed picture with an indication Pimlico in general do a good job, but their plumbing rates are expensive.
I’ve not used Pimlico Plumbers (I don’t live in London), from reading through reviews I’d recommend being clear about the cost of a Pimlico quote.
I read a number of customers who complained they didn’t expect to be charged a high price for a quote: seems they charge new Pimlico customers for a quote and it can cost over £100 for a simple quote.
From their website https://www.pimlicoplumbers.com/rates it says “Estimates can be provided upon request and are free for existing customers” which could be part of the confusion. It doesn’t specifically say you pay for a quote, but it does say “1 hour minimum charge on hourly rate work, then in 15 minute units“.
Continue Reading Pimlico Plumbers