Google UK search “Skegness Hotels” generates around 12,100 visitors a month and there’s thousands of other relevant searches like Royal Hotel Skegness, Southview Hotel Skegness etc… 2020 data.
These are modest traffic figures, but local search results tend not to be high traffic which is why you have to target as many as possible, currently the apartments site is targeting only ONE SERP! They should look to target Skegness Hotel SERPs as well including competitor SERPs.
- Keyword – Search Volume (data January 2020)
- Hotels In Skegness – 12100
- Skegness Hotels – 12100
- Royal Hotel Skegness – 2900
- Cheap Hotels In Skegness – 1000
- County Hotel Skegness – 1000
- Southview Hotel Skegness – 1000
- Savoy Hotel Skegness – 880
- Hotels Skegness Seafront – 720
- North Shore Hotel Skegness – 720
- Skegness Hotels Seafront – 720
- Crown Hotel Skegness – 590
- Premier Hotel Skegness – 590
- Sun Hotel Skegness – 590
- Vine Hotel Skegness – 590
- Charnwood Hotel Skegness – 480
- Links Hotel Skegness – 480
- Queens Hotel Skegness – 480
- The Sun Hotel Skegness – 480
- The Vine Hotel Skegness – 480
- Grosvenor Hotel Skegness – 390
- Dog Friendly Hotels Skegness – 320
- Hotels Near Skegness – 320
- Skegness Hotels Premier Inn – 320
- The Crown Hotel Skegness – 320
- The Links Hotel Skegness – 320
17 out of 25 are competitor SERPs, other hotels like the Royal Hotel and the County Hotel. That’s a lot of traffic to target for a small local Skegness business IF they don’t mind stepping on their competitors toes.
I’ll be building Skegness Webdesign articles over the next few months for a new SEO webdesign service, I won’t have a problem targeting the SERPs of other Lincolnshire based wed designers (why would I?): all is fair in SEO, nobody owns a Google SERP.
For example I’m ranked for SERPs related to a Middlesbrough based web design business due to reviewing their unethical business practices, the review SERPs even resulted in a police visit due to the disgruntled business owner.
Continue Reading Small Business Website Design