SEO misinformation is pervasive, concepts like “Google prefers fresh content over old content” is repeated over and over again on blogs etc… as a well known SEO fact by people who do NOT understand search engine optimization resulting in hundreds of thousands of webmasters being misinformed!
A Google search for “Google prefers fresh content” shows just how pervasive this is, a few select quotes:
- 66. Page Age: Although Google prefers fresh content, an older page that’s regularly updated may outperform a newer page. – https://backlinko.com/google-ranking-factors
- This is because Google prefers fresh content to stale content. – http://credible-content.com/blog/important-publish-fresh-content-regularly-website/
- 2. Google prefers fresh content – https://bloggingwizard.com/seo-tactics-to-boost-your-rankings/
- The reason for this being that Google prefers fresh content and this helps it rank higher up in search results. – https://shanebarker.com/blog/seo-and-content-marketing/
- Remember, Google prefers fresh content to old one. – https://business.trustpilot.com/reviews/how-to-increase-website-traffic-to-your-site-5-easy-ways
All these and many more articles regarding SEO are wrong.
Continue Reading Fresh Content SEO